Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Lia sat with Eden for awhile, quietly playing with her tiny fingers. Of course by the time I got my camera the moment was mostly over. These two will be the best of friends.
I remember waking up in my college dorm room and I had left my tv on all night. It took me awhile to make sense of what I was seeing on the tv (although no one could really make sense of it all). Couldn't get a hold of my family at first. Felt alone so far away from home. Spent the day watching tv with Meghan and Kim (and who else? simone and lisa?). Suddenly all the drama of college life seemed so trivial.

3 comments:

Nate, Kim, Lili and Baby Nate said...

I just wrote a post about 9/11.... Wasn't it your brother or something a the pentagon?!?! Your girls are so cute. Isn't it the best to watch them get along?

Jennifer.T said...

I remember that day... I was just staring at the tv too trying to make sense from what I was seeing. Thinking I was dreaming or sleepwalking or something cause what I was seeing couldn't *really* be happening...cause that would just be too terrifying...

Meghan said...

Can you believe that was seven years ago, and what a bubble we were in living in Thatcher? I remember always being updated by my family, because we never heard about anything leaving there......

Your little kiddos are so sweet. Caden loves his sister (sometimes to death)Now matter how rough he is with her McKylah still adores the hech out of him. Kids honestly are the best thing in life!